Local Video News
and Events on the Web
Serving Beaver, Butler, Lawrence and Mercer Counties
To report upcoming news events
or breaking news, call: 724-614-7535

2009 News Archives

02/25/09 Union Township Couple Overcome With Carbon Monoxide

Details
Date and Time:  2/25/2009    Location: Coates Ave., Union Township
Details:
Two people, a man and a woman, are hospitalized after being found in their home suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide. Union Township firemen and emergency medical personnel responded to a home in the 100 block of Coates Ave. in Union Township shortly before 6 a.m. this morning. The couple , who were not identified by fire officials, were conscious and were being treated at a local hospital. According to assistant chief Andrew Hamilton, levels of CO in the home reached 500 parts per million. Levels as low as 10-20 can cause a person to become disoriented. Normal levels in a home should be near zero. Chief Steve Stasko says there were no carbon monoxide detectors in the home. The gas company is investigating a cause for the incident.
 
 
 
 

View Full Video

Length: 1 min. 35 sec.

Copyright 2004-2015 KDS Network - Provided by KDSNetwork.com